The Town of Bonnyville is blessed with a wealth of recreational opportunities for young and old, active and passive. Whether your interests lie in sports, arts and crafts, cultural activities, or other areas, Bonnyville has something to offer you!
The Parks and Recreation Department is Responsible for:
1. Supervises the acquisition, planning, design, construction, renovation and maintenance of recreation facilities and areas under the jurisdiction of the Parks and Recreation Department.
2. Prepares schedules and calendars of events for the facilities and areas under the jurisdiction of the Parks and Recreation Department.
3. Develops and implements policies regarding the use of facilities and areas under the jurisdiction of the Parks and Recreation Department.
4. Promotes the maximum use of the facilities by schools, community groups, and other users for recreation and cultural activities.
1. Develops a diversified program of recreation and cultural activities and services to meet the needs of the community.
2. Meets with representatives of private and voluntary organizations offering recreation and cultural programs with a view to furthering cooperation and coordination of programs.
Maintenance and Repairs:
1. Ensures that all equipment, facilities, and areas are maintained to at least a minimum level where recreation and cultural activities can be held in a safe and enjoyable manner.