The Town of Bonnyville is dedicated to building and maintaining a strong economic climate.
The Town of Bonnyville offers opportunities for entrepreneurs, individuals and organizations that choose to live and grow in the “multi-business, multi-natural environment”.
Bonnyville offers a competitive infrastructure, skilled workforce and excellent quality of life and you’ll see why Bonnyville is a great place for your business.
The Town provides a wide range of quality services to help Bonnyville businesses at every stage. You’ll find everything you’re looking for here, including business start-up resources, tax information and much more.
Bonnyville, Alberta – We’re open for business!
Future Economic Development Prospects
- Major industrial projects under construction in northeast Alberta provide for business, industry, and population growth.
- Forestry projects for reforestation and ALPAC pulp mill will provide opportunity for future farming of marginal land.
- Tourism facility development under construction in the area will increase tourism commerce
- Current expansion of local commerce will increase trade traffic for all businesses and services. The Town of Bonnyville is dedicated to building and maintaining a strong economic climate.
One-Stop Development Process
- Controlled cost servicing and infrastructure development
- Local improvement financing option for commercial/residential/industrial development
- Joint inter-municipal agreement for fringe area developments
- Development/subdivision/servicing packages for time-sensitive developments
The Town of Bonnyville has the following advantages to offer potential businesses developments:
- Strategic Location.
- Traditional service centre for northeast Alberta and northwest Saskatchewan.
- Centrally located for agriculture, oil and gas, tourism and community services.
- Bonnyville market area is strong with a population of 27,000 within 30 minutes driving time, 49,500 within 60 minutes, and 56,500 within 90 minutes.
- Early Access – Key Transportation Corridors – Serviced by primary highways 28, 41, and 55, and secondary highways 660, 659, and 657.
- Bonnyville Regional Airport services northeast Alberta with charter, passenger, freight service, air ambulance access, and recreation flights
- Benefits of Regional Service Centre – Regional business centre for agriculture, petroleum, forestry, tourism, commerce, and health care
- Head offices or regional offices for national, international, and provincial companies, organizations and government agencies.
- Bonnyville Health Centre is the highest use facility in the Lakeland Health Authority with numerous specialty clinics
- Local service centre for five aboriginal communities, area tourism facilities, two summer villages, country residential acreage owners, and summer cottage residents
- Home of the only Junior A Hockey franchise in northeast Alberta.