Utility Billing & Accounts Receivable
The Administration & Finance Department, in conjunction with the Public Works Department, provides utility hook-up, disconnection, and billing services. The Town reads meters on a bi-monthly basis for those who do not have Automatic Meter Reading capability. AMR’s are read on a monthly basis.
Bills are normally mailed on the last Monday of the month and are due the third Monday of the following month. A penalty of 4.95% is applied to all overdue accounts.
Upon completion of the Application for Utility Services, tenants shall provide a $150.00 utility deposit before any service hook up and the utility bill will remain in the landlord’s name with a copy being sent to the tenant. All property owners are now required to pay a $50.00 deposit. Reference letters are no longer accepted.
Utility Connection and Disconnection Service
To arrange for utility connection or disconnection services, contact the utility clerk at the Town Office or call 780-826-3496.
Acceptable Methods and Locations for Making Payments:
- You can now pay Town Utilities and Taxes by credit card, plus many more options listed below.
- Now adding Paysimply, you can use everyday payment methods like credit card, Interac e-Transfer, PayPal, and Alipay to pay taxes and bills online, or make in-person payments with cash or debit card at any one of 6,000 Canada Post outlets. Paysimply can be downloaded by clicking on your app store icon.
- Both service providers may charge service fees and there may be restrictions on the types of credit cards accepted. Please refer to the service provider’s website for terms and conditions of their services, charges, and payment processing times.
- In person at the Town Office during normal business hours. Cheques, cash, money orders or debit card payments are accepted.
- Through the locked night deposit box located at the front entrance to the Town Office for after hours payments.
- Through the mail by cheque or money order.
- Through any financial institution offering bill payment services either through a teller, an ATM terminal or online banking.
- By automatic monthly deduction from a customer’s bank account as authorized by the customer through the signing of an agreement.