The Town of Bonnyville derives the majority of its revenue to operate on from property taxes. Property taxes are calculated based on a market value assessment that is established by an accredited Assessor. The market value assessment is multiplied by a tax rate established by bylaw.
You can view a map with the latest assessment information HERE.
Tax bills are sent out on the 30th of May and are due on the 30th of June annually.
Acceptable Methods and Locations for Making Payments:
- You can now pay Taxes and Utilities by credit card, plus many more options listed below.
- The Paytm Canada App is a 3rd party service that is currently a free service for personal (residential) accounts that will accept credit card to make your Town Utility or Tax payments. Paytm can be downloaded to your phone at your usual app store.
- Now adding Paysimply, you can use everyday payment methods like credit card, Interac e-Transfer, PayPal, and Alipay to pay taxes and bills online, or make in-person payments with cash or debit card at any one of 6,000 Canada Post outlets. Paysimply can be downloaded to your phone at your usual app store.
- Both service providers may charge service fees and there may be restrictions on the types of credit cards accepted. Please refer to the service provider’s website for terms and conditions of their services, charges, and payment processing times.
- In person at the Town Office during normal business hours. Cheques, cash, money orders or debit card payments are accepted.
- Through the locked night deposit box located at the front entrance to the Town Office for after hours payments.
- Through the mail by cheque or money order.
- Through any financial institution offering bill payment services either through a teller, an ATM terminal or online banking.
- By automatic monthly deduction from a customer’s bank account as authorized by the customer through the signing of an agreement.
Penalties for taxes in arrears are as follows:
The Town of Bonnyville has a prepayment plan should residents prefer to make monthly payments for their property taxes. This can be done through automatic bank withdrawals.