Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Landfill / Transfer Station

Now that spring is here and as you start to clean up your home and property, we would like to remind everyone there is a charge for most types of waste that you bring out to the Landfill / Transfer Station.

It is important to remember that there is a charge whether you are a resident of the Town of Bonnyville or the Municipal District of Bonnyville; If you are an MD resident, the MD will pay the fees associated with bagged household waste to a maximum of 300kg per trip. MD customers will be responsible for the fee on any weight exceeding 300kgs and the fees for any other waste brought to the site.

Signs are posted at the site with what these fees are as they are subject to change. 


You do not have to pay at the Site for excess residential Household Waste that would normally be put in garbage bags or a cart and picked up at the curb through the residential collection system.  The monthly fee you pay on your Utility Bill covers these items if you are a Town resident and the MD pays the Town separately for MD residents. These items include:

  • Clothing, Plastic Toys etc.
  • Kitchen (Food) Waste
  • Packaging, Styrofoam, etc.
  • Clean Burnable Wood
  • Bagged Grass Clippings and Yard Waste
  • Intact Fluorescent Bulbs
  • Tires (with no rim)


There is a tipping fee charged for all other Items that are not considered Household Waste.  As noted, the Fee is lower if you are a resident of the Town or MD.  These items include:

  • Painted or Treated Wood that is not Permitted to be Burned
  • Tile, Drywall, Roofing, Siding, Carpet, & Most Items of a Household Demolition
  • Shingles
  • Scrap Metal, Scrap Vehicles, Old BBQ’s, Bikes, Appliances
  • Vehicle batteries                                             
  • Propane Bottles                                                                     
  • Used Automotive Oil (over 100 litres)     
  • Tires on rims                                     
  • Mixed Waste

Please bring Paint cans and Electronics to the Public Works Shop at 5609 – 54 Avenue in the Town of Bonnyville between Monday to Friday 7:30-4:00

Back to top