The Town of Bonnyville is blessed with a wealth of recreational opportunities for young and old, active and passive. Whether your interests lie in sports, arts and crafts, cultural activities, or other areas, Bonnyville has something to offer you!
The Bonnyville Recreation & Parks Department offers the following:
1. Develops a diversified program of recreation and cultural activities and
services to meet the needs of the community.
2. Meets with representatives of private and voluntary organizations
offering recreation and cultural programs with a view to furthering
cooperation and coordination of programs.
1. Supervises the acquisition, planning, design, construction, renovation
and maintenance of recreation facilities and areas under the jurisdiction of the Parks and Recreation Department.
2. Prepares schedules and calendars of events for the facilities and areas
under the jurisdiction of the Parks and Recreation Department.
3. Develops and implements policies regarding the use of facilities and
areas under the jurisdiction of the Parks and Recreation Department.
4. Promotes the maximum use of the facilities by schools, community groups, and other users for recreation and cultural activities.
1. Ensures that all equipment, facilities, and areas are maintained to at
least a minimum level where recreation and cultural activities can be held in a safe and enjoyable manner.