** ATTENTION ALL PLUMBING, GAS & ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS **
Effective immediately, there will be a 2 day turn over time on permits. Please plan for time to pull permits before work is commenced. Penalties will apply if the project is started prior to pulling the required permits. Thank you.
When Is A Gas and/or Plumbing Permit is Required?
A Gas Permit is required whenever gas work is being done, with the following exceptions:
- carburetion on a motor vehicle
- air conditioning of cargo transport units
- gas appliances in or on a recreational vehicle
- replacement of a residential gas dryer or range if there is no design change to the gas piping or venting system
- within a mobile home that is being built on a production line basis, but shall not be connected to a gas supply
- a relocation, by a gas utility company, of a natural gas meter from the interior to the exterior of a building
- a connection to replace a residential water heater or a residential heating appliance
A Plumbing Permit is required whenever plumbing work is being done, with the following exceptions:
- to connect a plumbing system to a municipal sewer or water service (unless required by municipal bylaw)
- replacements such as sinks, toilets, showers, etc.
Who can Obtain a Gas and/or Plumbing Permit
The following individuals may obtain a Gas Permit:
- a journeyman gas fitter
- a person to carry out the work on or within residential premises owned and occupied by that person
The following individuals may obtain a Plumbing Permit:
- a journeyman plumber
- a person to carry out the work on or within
residential premises owned and occupied by that person