Purpose of the Bylaw
The purpose of this Bylaw is to regulate and control the use and development of land and buildings within the Town of Bonnyville to achieve the orderly and economic development of land, and for that purpose, amongst other things:
- To divide the Town into districts;
- To prescribe and regulate for each district the purposes for which land and buildings may be used;
- To establish the roles and responsibilities of the Development Authority and the Development Authority Officer;
- To establish a method of making decisions on Development Permit Applications including the issuing of Development Permits; and
- To provide the manner in which notice of the issuance of a Development Permit is to be given.