The Bonnyville RCMP were involved in 180 investigations between April 28 and May 5.
On April 28 at 1:00 a.m., a member of the Bonnyville RCMP pulled over a vehicle after making an illegal U-turn. The 39-year-old driver from Ardmore was determined to have a warrant for his arrest for Driving Without Insurance and Failing to Attend Court. The male was also determined to have a suspended driver’s license. Appropriate violation tickets were issued for Driving while Suspended and the U-Turn and the male was released on his warrant to appear in Bonnyville Court on June 6.
The Bonnyville RCMP were called to a business on 50 Ave for an intoxicated male that was causing a disturbance on May 2. The members arrived on scene and located and arrested the suspect. The 51-year-old male from Kehewin Cree Nation was charged with Public Intoxication under the Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis Act.
On May 3, the Bonnyville RCMP received a report of a break-in to a shop on a rural property that had happened in the previous few days. The break-in occurred on Range Road 490 near Township Road 643. Anyone with information anything suspicious in that area this week is urged to contact the Bonnyville RCMP.
– On April 30 at 4:00 AM a yellow 2007 Can Am Renegade quad was stolen from a yard in Kehewin Cree Nation.
– On May 1st overnight a green Arctic Cat XT 700 side-by-side was stolen from a residence on 51A Street. The next morning the owner located it in the back alley behind his house with the ignition punched and damage to the wires near the gas/brake pedals.
– Sometime overnight on May 1 a white 2022 Jayco Jayflight travel trailer was stolen from 49 Ave.
– On May 4 a white 2020 Chevrolet Equinox was stolen from the parking lot of an apartment complex on 37 Street. Hours later it was recovered by the Cold Lake RCMP on 16 Street in Cold Lake.
– In the early morning hours of May 2 unknown culprits broke into the yard of a company on Range Road 461 near Township Road 612, stole a fleet truck and rammed the fence. Later that night the Elk Point RCMP located the vehicle and attempted to pull it over which resulted in a pursuit and the eventual recovery of the truck. The Elk Point RCMP have charged a 21-year-old male from the Bonnyville and a 22-year-old female from Cold Lake with multiple offences including Breaking & Entering, Flight from Police, Assault on Police with a Weapon, Resist Arrest Possession of Property Over $5000.
S/Sgt. Sarah Parke
Bonnyville Detachment RCMP