The Bonnyville RCMP were involved in 176 investigations between June 16-23.
On the morning of June 15, the Bonnyville RCMP attended a rural residence in Goodridge on Township Rd 624 near Range Rd 493 and executed a Search Warrant in search of stolen vehicles. Assisting partners that also participated were K Division Auto Theft Unit, St. Paul Police Dog Services and the Lakeland Crime Reduction Unit. Two pickup trucks, one SUV, one ATV, one camper trailer, one stolen oilfield battery, vehicle keys, a loaded .22 rifle with ammunition and two ‘ninja stars’ were seized from the property. Trevor Mischuk, 46, of Goodridge was arrested at the scene and is charged with Possession of Stolen Property Over $5000, Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000, VIN Altering, Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, Unsafe Storage of a Firearm and 2 counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon. A Bail Hearing was held and the Justice of the Peace released Mischuk without having to pay any cash. His first appearance is set for June 27 in Bonnyville.
On June 18 at 3:50 pm in the afternoon, the Bonnyville RCMP were alerted by a concerned community member in Goodridge about an impaired driver who had driven a tractor through a field, narrowly missing a pedestrian and into a ditch and gotten it stuck. The driver then exited the tractor and got into a pick up truck and continued on his way to a nearby residence. The Bonnyville RCMP arrived and located the suspect in the residence and proceeded to engage in an impaired driving investigation, which resulted in the 69-year-old Goodridge resident being issued Provincial Sanctions for impaired driving and his truck being seized.
BUSINESS BREAK & ENTERS:
1. Sometime overnight on June 19, a local business compound located on the 6000 block of 52 Ave was broken into. Unknown culprit(s) made multiple cuts in the perimeter fence as well as the inner secured area.
2. On June 20 at 11:15 pm, a member of the Bonnyville RCMP was conducting a proactive patrol in the 4900 block of 51 Street and came upon a Break & Enter in progress at a business compound whereby the culprit had cut the fence to gain access. When he saw the police, the suspect fled on foot.
3. On June 22 at 7:45 pm, the Bonnyville RCMP were dispatched to a Break & Enter in progress at a vacant building on 50 Ave known as the old Post Office. The culprits fled moments before RCMP arrived.
1. On June 19 between 5:30 – 5:45 am, someone broke into a local business compound on the 6400 block of 50 Ave and stole a dirt bike that was there for repair work. Video surveillance shows a white Ford truck with a flat deck came into the locked compound around 0530hrs on June 19, 2023, cut the lock off the gate, and entered the property. The truck then went straight to the dirt bike and backed up to it. A female got out of the passenger seat and grabbed a loading ramp and a male got out of the driver seat and they both pushed the dirt bike onto the flatbed. They then drove out of the yard, and took their time putting a ratchet strap across the bike and then drove off. The stolen dirt bike is a 2018 red Honda CRF250R and did not have a licence plate attached to it.
2. On June 18 at 5:00 am, a black 2016 black Dodge Journey bearing Alberta licence plate CBD 5716 was stolen from the Recreation Centre parking lot in Kehewin Cree Nation.
3. Sometime between midnight and 6:00 am on June 20, a grey 2003 Chevrolet Silverado bearing Alberta licence plate 61M 788 was stolen from a residence on the 4100 block of 45 Street.
Anyone with information about any of these Break & Enters and Thefts is asked to contact the Bonnyville RCMP
S/Sgt. Sarah Parke Detachment Commander
Bonnyville Detachment RCMP